Ah, the
Cherry Chipotle Chicken did not disappoint. It was excellent! I steamed some green beans and topped them with a little butter, garlic salt and lemon pepper. I also made some
artisan bread to go with dinner.
I was a bit lazy and used molasses rather than the brown sugar in the recipe, primarily because it was right in front of me on the lazy susan and the brown sugar was down below, in a bag that was in a sealed container. I just used half the molasses than the called for sugar. I didn't notice any difference. I used Spicy Stubbs BBQ sauce, which made the entire sauce have a bit more of a kick. The chipotle chilis kick it up a notch as well. So if you like it spicy, add a couple of tablespoons of chipotle chilis, not so spicy, probably lower it to 1/2 a tablespoon. The 1T worked great for our taste buds.
All in all, a fantastic dinner and a great way to use the grill for the first time this season. I'm looking forward to lunch leftovers tomorrow! Here's the recipe on my previous post:
http://rebekahgia.blogspot.com/2012/03/easy-sunday-and-cherry-chipotle-chicken.html
 |
| The cherry chipotle sauce bubbling away |
 |
| All cooked and ready to be dished out onto the chicken |
 |
| The chicken is almost cooked, it is getting the nice caramelized sheen. I think one of the tricks to this recipe is to almost cook the entire chicken breast and then baste the meat about 2-3 minutes before it is done. This keeps the outside from getting burnt. |
 |
| Hot off the grill |
 |
| The cherry chipotle sauce has been added and we are ready to eat! |
 |
| up close |
 |
| The Artisan bread to go with dinner. So yummy! |
 |
| Green beans, artisan bread and 1/2 a chicken breast made for a wonderful meal! |
 |
| My first daffodil has bloomed! |
No comments:
Post a Comment
Feel free to leave any comments! I look forward to your thoughts.